Imagine Then Vote is awarding $18,000 in prizes to song writers! Imagine Then Vote is calling on all song writers to submit songs that inspire people to vote for a chance to win a song writing competition.
The winning lyrics and song will powerfully inspire people to vote in the 2018 election and warn people against what is at stake when people do not exercise their right to vote. The winners of this portion of the competition will be decided by the project’s Advisory Board.
The first place winner will be awarded $10,000. Second place will be awarded $5,000. Third place will received $3,000.
How to enter:
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name, age, address, email, and phone number.
- Attach a copy of a signed consent form.
- Attach audio files of your song (MP3s are preferred).
- Include lyrics, legibly typed, for each song you enter.
Rules & Regulations:
- Songs should have a message of civic engagement.
- Songs should be no more than 5 minutes long.
- Submissions should include a signed consent form.
- All ages and residents of the US are welcome to submit songs. Both amateurs and professionals are welcome to submit.
- Entrant may enter as many songs as they chose.
- All entries must be original songs and shall not infringe upon any copyrights or any other rights of third parties.
- Songwriters will retain ownership of their material.
- If you are chosen as the winner of song contest, you grant us license to share your song by posting it on our website and social media sites. You grant us license to have other individuals record, create videos or arrange your song for the second wave of our competition.
- By entering the contest you agree to hold Imagine Then Vote harmless from any and all claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of submitting your song to the competition.
- No fee is required to enter the contest.
- Song entries must be submitted by 2/28/18.
- The Advisory Board will select the winners for the competition. The winners will be chosen based on melody, composition, lyrics, originality, and connection to Imagine Then Vote’s mission.
- The winners will be notified by phone or email by 3/15/2018. They will be contacted directly to arrange collecting the prize money.
- All federal, state, and local taxes, and customs fees, when applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Imagine Then Vote will not pay any winners’ taxes or custom’s fees. Prizes will be dispensed in a timely fashion.